Sunday, August 9, 2009

Home again

I have been up in Maine for 3 weeks. Me and my 2 cats. Joe came for 2 weeks. The weather was a mixed bag including some hail. This was the time of year when everyone shows up. It was a busy time. Kelly had a surprise 50th birthday get together for me on Friday July 31st. On Sat Aug. 1 ( my real birthday) We had our annual campers stew day. There was 26 of us this year. We made 6 stews to share. Everyone showed up for the cutting and chopping. Only one grill caught on fire this year. Last year was ours this year my dad's.

This past weekend was Halloween. We had 78 trick or treater's . Then my mother and I were in charge of the food area at the games. We had pretzel sticks dipped in Vanilla, chocolate or strawberry frosting and then covered in sprinkles, popcorn cups and fruit punch. It was sometimes hard to keep up with the demand, but being in the food service profession I handled it. We didn't go in the haunted house, we will next weekend.

In a few days Kelly and Melissa and the girls will be arriving for the second Halloween weekend. I'm not sure if the costumes for them yet it will be a surprise. I will be busy with them here too. We are going to the York wild animal farm in York ME.

I did get some knitting done. I worked on my afghan for the trailer at the beginning of the vacation then the hot weather finally arrived so I switched projects. I made 2 and a half Christmas stockings for the soldiers . I need to have them completed and turned in by October so that they can be filled. I hope to make 2 more out of the yarn I have so that I will have made 4 all together.

I have a lot of projects lined up along with requests so I am staying busy knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment