Monday, August 24, 2009

Everything is going wrong

I wanted to cast on for my mother's vest that I want to make her for Christmas. I got everything set last week. I took out the yarn that I had bought, Looked for the right size needles in which I have. Then got the call about Michael passing away. Got side tracked talking to relatives. Then of course my parents need to come down to my house for the wake and funeral. I can't work on the vest with her here. Then I think about the fact that I need longer needles for the amount of stitches I ahve to put on. I can't find them anywhere.

Today I go to Saftler's again hoping that they have restocked. I find some needles that are longer but not sure if it is enough. I bought them and will cast on and check the room on them for work.

My truck brakes seemed strange to me on the ride over there. The pedal was going to the floor. I didn't think I would make it home safely so I stopped at Jiffy Lube. They said the brake fluid was extremely low but they don't top off fluids. I started to drive home when the brakes felt worse. I pulled over in a parking lot and called a friend that lived near by..he was not home. I called my Joe and he told me to walk a short distance down the road and there is an auto body shop there that a friend of ours frequents. I walked there and he was there chatting..He is the one I tried calling at his home. The guy there that owns the place drove over to the truck and put some fluid in it and I drove it home. It is now being towed to Sullivan tire to be looked at.

I am now stuck at home so I guess I have time to start the project that I have mentioned. I hope the needles that I bought are long enough for the stitches and I can get started. I will cake the yarn today and hope that it goes smoothly. Wish me luck at getting started on this today.

No comments:

Post a Comment