Friday, March 27, 2009

The weekend

I am getting packed to attend an overnight at a local hotel for scrap booking. There are about 20 of us going. This is our second one this year the other was in January. That one I stayed over Friday and Sat. nights but his one I am doing just the one night ( sat) and 2 days. I like scrap booking very much but it gets over whelming to have to bring out so much of the stuff to complete just one page. I like the weekends because you get your own long table and can set everything up and keep it up for the entire weekend. I get so much done. The once a month workshops are not as desirable for me because there is too much to lug to and from for a couple hours of scrapping.


I am so far behind in my knitting projects I wish I could bring that instead. I finished all of the pieces for the tote bag. The bag, and the 2 handles. Now it all needs to be sewn together and felted then it can be shipped to FLA. I still have to complete the vest. I am working on the left front shoulder. That too will have to be all sewn together when completed. Not sure if there is a special stitch for doing the seams. Will have to check on that.

It's been a hard week at school. A 16 year old boy died on Friday from injuries after a motor cycle accident. He was known and loved by many. He was also my bosses neighbor so she took it hard. The funeral was yesterday and today his siblings were back in school. Also a former student died this week after car accident. My daughter knew him..principal and teachers spoke highly of him. It's just been a tragic week. I hope next week turns out to be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment