Sunday, March 22, 2009

Having a disppointing day

I am attempting to make my first vest for an adult. Actually it is my first piece of clothing that I am knitting. Just before the neck line I had to decrease for 16 rows yet follow the pattern. Well in the end the number of stitches did not add up correctly. I need to knit a swatch now and see if I can find out what went wrong.

I am disappointed because I was trying to get to a certain point in the vest for my last knitting class. Now a lot of it will have to be taken out and redone. I guess it won't be done in time for Easter. Sorry K.

On a good note. It's not snowing out and the sun is shining. My bushes are trying to bud. W e are well on our way to Spring!

2 comments:

  1. Don't give up, I knitted my first wearable item last year and it was a process. I love how mine came out in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will keep on plugging along. I did the test swatch to see where I went wrong and got no where fast, It still didn't come out right no matter what I changed. Oh well I will bring it to my class tomorrow night and see what is said.

    It's not really a class it is just a group but there is someone there to help you with your mistakes.

    ReplyDelete