Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial day weekend

I went camping this past weekend and guess what! With some help from my sister n' law I am 95% done with my vest. The knitting is all completed it just needs to be sewn together. I am so grateful for the help to get this completed. I learned how to pick up stitches and they were hard due to the bobble stitch pattern. It looks like a vest now!

On Sunday me, Joe Jim and Jan went on a field trip. I had read in the local newspaper that the cemetery where Joe and Jim's parents are buried was having a tour of the cemetery. It has some really old stones there dating back to the 1600's. Indian burials too. One was chief Red Blanket and his wife Star light. Although those graves were not that old. He died in 1990. Also there was the sister n'law to Tom Thumb, her name was Minnie. She was smaller than a yard stick. They also described some simbles on the stones and their meanings. I will elaborate on this tour more when I find the map in my suitcase.

No comments:

Post a Comment