Monday, May 11, 2009

Arriving soon

Waiting for my parents to arrive from Florida this week. They will arrive here on Thursday and stay for a few days to visit with friends and family. Then they will head to their place up in Maine. We have gone up there twice all ready and have everything set for them to move right in .

I had a nice Mother's day. Went to Maine on Saturday morning after going out to breakfast. We arrived there around 10:30 AM. Relaxed the rest of the day. Went down to the lake to see what we could see. The mother eagle was in the nest with the baby (or 2) and the dad eagle was in a near by tree. We saw a Baltimore oriole, a yellow finch and a hairy woodpecker. He wasn't really hairy but that is what he is called. I practiced using our new video camera that Kelly gave us for our trip to Alaska. I did okay filming but still need practice. I did some knitting and Joe went fishing. We went out to dinner near by and the went to the bonfire at the campground.

On Mother's day morning Joe got up early and helped cook the Mother's day breakfast of Bacon, pancakes champagne and OJ. It was served to the mothers by the kids in the campground. The guys did a great job cooking. Joe left a gift for me to open in the trailer kitchen. It was a necklace and earring set. Round, gold and pictures of kitties. I wore it to breakfast so that he knew that I opened ti and loved it.



We went to lunch at a local restaurant and then headed home at around 2:00PM. it was a rainy start to the ride home but as we drove south it was getting brighter and sunnier and themps rose from the 40's to the 70's.

All in all it was a great weekend.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see photos from Alaska! You must be getting very excited to leave . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can not wait for it to come. I am so excited it is somewhere that I have always wanted to go. I will definetly learn to post pictures on the blog when I return.

    ReplyDelete